This article shows you how to change your Windows 8 password with ease. May it help you!
Not a Windows 8 user? How about changing password in:
1. To get started, log as administrator first. Then press "Windows + X" combination keys on the keyboard and then click or touch Control Panel.
2. If you view by Small icons or Large icons, you should click or touch User Accounts.
If you view by Category, you can click or touch User Accounts & Family Safety and then User Accounts.
3. If you want to change the password for the account you’re using, you should click or touch "Make changes to my account in PC settings" link and then select "Change your password" and then continue on with Step 7.
If you’d like to change other accounts, you should turn to "Manage another account" and then continue on with Step 4.
Situation 1: Manage another account
4. Select the user you want to change passwords for.
5. Click the "Change the password" link.
6. Type in a new password and confirm it by entering it anew. Besides you are recommended to create a password hint, which can make it easier for you to remember the password.
Situation 2: Change the account you are using
7. You should enter your current password before you are able to have a new one after clicking "Change your password".
8. Enter the password you want and confirm it by inputting it once again. Do not forget to have a password hint, which can make it easier for you to remember your password but can't be so obvious that someone can guess it and break into your computer.
Now the new password has taken effect. Don’t forget to log on to your Windows with the new one next time. Besides, if you don't have a password reset disk right now, you are recommended to create a password reset disk in case that you forget the password.
Have no idea of how to create a password reset disk? See Pictorial Instructions: How to Create and Use a Windows 8 Password Reset Disk?