Today, in our surrounding appeared more and more people have forgot their Windows login password. Many people often share a computer with their family or have no use computer for a long time cause forgetting their login password. This problem although common but sometimes very thorny. I just want to say that heaven never seals off all the exits.
Some people will said that there are lots of free ways to recover Windows 7 password without a password reset disk. You can download a well-known freeware like Ophcrack, or reset Windows 7 password with the Command Prompt. However, they’re either complicated or time consuming and you may notice that creating a password reset disk is necessary and free. Now, let me tell you how to create password reset disk step-by-step without paying any money, and use it to reset Windows 7 password.
Section One: Create a Windows 7 password reset disk for free.
1. Click Start and then choose Control Panel.
2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety.
Note: You will not see this link while you’re viewing the Control Panel under Large icons or Small icons mode. Then double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. Click on the User Accounts.
Note: Make sure that there is a portable media being connected on the computer to create the password reset disk before you proceed. This means that you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and a blank floppy disk. You cannot create a Windows 7 password reset disk with a CD/DVD or external hard drive.
4. In the task pane on the left, click Create a password reset disk.
Note: If you get a No Drive warning message at this time, it shows that you have not got a floppy disk or USB flash drive connected onto your PC. You’ll need to do this before continuing.
5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard appears, click Next.
6. Choose the portable media drive to create a Windows 7 password reset disk. And then click Next to continue.
7. With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
8. Windows 7 now starts to create the password reset disk. Click Next and then click Finish in the next windows when the progress indicator shows 100% complete.
9. You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer. Label the Windows 7 Password Reset disk and place it in a safe place.
Section Two: Use Windows 7 password reset disk to reset password when you lost the password.
1. Strat/restart your computer, Type a incorrect password in the password box and press Enter.
2. Then system will prompt you the password is incorrect, click OK.
3. Insert your Password Reset Disk and click "Reset password...".
4. Password Reset Wizard appears, click NEXT to continue.
5. Select the disk you just inserted, click NEXT and complete the rest simple steps you will successfully reset Administrator password.
NOTE: You have to renew your password reset disk when you have changed your password. If you forgot to do this, you can’t reset your password by the previous reset disk. When you lost windows password and it will be much more troublesome. If you really in this situation, don’t worry, as describe in the first paragraph, you can download a freeware--Ophcrack, or reset Windows 7 password with the Command Prompt. If you want to save time, you can use Windows Password Rescuer to deal with this problem. Windows Password Rescuer is designed to recover Windows 7/2008/2003/2000/xp/vista password, and it can complete the task within several minutes.
Windows Password Rescuer: