How to use Windows Password Rescuer Personal
Windows Password Rescuer Personal is a popular Windows password recovery tool that can help recover your forgotten/lost Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 administrator and common user password with CD/DVD or USB Drive.
Just need four steps to reset Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 user password:
- step 1: Download and install Windows Password Rescuer Personal
- step 2: Create a Windows password recovery disk by one minute
- step 3: Boot the computer from CD/DVD or USB Drive
- step 4: Reset Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 password by a few cliks
- Another computer you can access with administrator privileges
- A writable CD or DVD, or a writable USB Flash Drive (128M at least)
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Rescuer Personal on an available computer and run it.
You can download Windows Password Rescuer Personal trial version( to view the user list and attempt to add new user ) or purchase the full version( to reset unknown password and add new user ) and then install it on any available computer(Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000).
Note: If you want to install Windows Password Rescuer Personal in Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, you'd better run installation program as administrator (Right-click the installation program and select run as administrator).
Step 2: Use Windows Password Rescuer Personal to create a Windows password recovery disk.
Create a Windows password recovery disk with CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive.
1. Select CD/DVD or USB Device option.
2. Insert a writable CD/DVD or USB. Select burn drive which you inserted and then click Begin Burning.
3. Burning successfully completed, click OK and take out your CD/DVD or USB.
It will take you about one minute to complete burning. If you have any problem with this step, please refer to: How to create a Windows password recovery disk.
Step 3: Insert the newly Windows password recovery disk to your locked computer, boot the computer from CD/DVD or USB Drive.
To set your computer to boot from CD/DVD-ROM, refer to How to set computer to boot from CD/DVD-ROM.
To set your computer to boot from USB drive, refer to How to set computer to boot from USB Drive.
Step 4: Reset Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 administrator password by a few cliks.
1. After booting from CD/DVD or USB, Windows Password Rescuer Personal will start up and display a friendly window automatically.
2. Select a Windows system you want to recover its users' password if there are several Windows system installed in your computer. All Windows system will be shown in the combo box.
3. Select target user which you want to reset its password from the user list.
4. Click Reset Password button and click Yes when a confirm dialog pops up to reset user password, then you can reset other users password as well.
Note: Windows Password Rescuer Personal will reset the password as blank, you can log on without password.
5. After resetting password successfully, the password will be removed and shown "blank".
6. Click Reboot. When following dialog pops up, eject Windows password recovery disk, and click Yes to restart your computer then you can feel free to login without password.
Note: If you need you can click Add User button to add a new user(Administrator) to your Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000. With the new user, you can login your computer directly. This new user is useful when your computer is locked or administrator is disabled. Refer to Create a new user section for more information.
Now you can instantly recover windows password: