If your WIndows server 2000/2003/2008 works in a workgroup(not work in a domain) and you forgot Windows 2000/2003/2008 local administrator/user password, Windows Password Rescuer Professional will be very helpful for you. It will help you reset Windows 2000/2003/2008 local administrator and other users password instantly. No technical knowledge required, and nothing damaged. You just need to prepare a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive.
Step 1: Purchase Windows Password Rescuer Professional and install it in another computer which you can login.
Download Windows Password Rescuer Professional Trial Version:
Step 2: Start Windows Password Rescuer Professional and create a Windows Password Recovery disk.
1. Select burn to CD/DVD or burn to USB.
2. Insert a writable CD/DVD or USB flash drive(128M at least) and choose your drive name. Click Begin Burning.
3. It will take you one minute to complete burning. After successfully complete burning, eject your disk or USB.
For more details about creating Windows password recovery disk, please refer to How to create a Windows password recovery disk.
Step 3: Insert the Windows password recovery disk to your locked computer, set the computer to boot from CD/DVD-ROM or USB drive.
Step 4: Reset Windows 2000/2003/2008 local user password by a few clicks.
1. After booting from your Windows password recovery disk, Windows Password Rescuer will start up automatically and display a friendly window.
2. Select an user account which you want to reset its password from the list and click Reset Password(here we take Windows server 2003 for example).
3. The system will prompt you that you would reset the password as Hello@2011, click Yes.
Note: In order to meet the Windows password policy requirement, we will set the password to Hello@2011 by default. Please remember it.
4. Password has been reset as "Hello@2011". Redo 2 and 3 procedure to reset other local user's password if you need.
5. Click Reboot button to restart your computer. When following dialog pop up, eject Windows password recovery disk, and click Yes to restart.
After rebooting, you can log on your windows server 2003 with new password.
Tip: You can click Add User button to add a new user with admin privileges to your Windows server 2003 if you need. Refer to Create a new user section for more information.
Windows server 2000 also can be use for domain control, if you want to reset Windows server 2000/2003/2008 domain password, you can use Windows Password Rescuer Advanced.
Now you can instantly recover windows password: